Sunday, March 25, 2007

Shove your Celtgelt up your spending gap, Gordon.


My good friend Gashy sent me this image of one of the brand spanking new 20 quid Bank of England notes with Adam Smith’s boat on. It’s proof positive that the people’s protest against the Barnett Formula, otherwise known as the Celtgelt / Celtgeld is gathering pace.

Alfie would really like to join in. He’s got his indelible pen ready and a witty quip to hand. Unfortunately, new 20 quid bank notes are as rare as honest politicians round our way (we’ve only just got used to the disappearance of the farthing and the diminishing purchasing power of the groat).

If anyone would like to help me out, just send your spare 20 quid Smithers to yours truly and I’ll get scribbling right away….….

2 comments:

CEP Oxfordshire said...

I love this idea, Hereward.

How many Englishmen are there on Scottish notes?

"Celtgelt... Another £20 for Scotland" shall be going on all my £20 Adam Smith notes.

Campaign for an English Parliament, Oxfordshire

www.cepoxfordshire.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I've been doing this for some time now, but never seem to see any of our great work returning to pocket.

Do you think they take them out of circulation whenever they are found?