Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Liberty is blind?


Shami Chakrabarti, Director of Liberty - this fenman is not on her 'to do' list....

Sorry, Shami is far too busy giving interviews, saving human rights and fluttering her big doe-like eyes at the PC BBC camera. Too busy making mountains out of mole-hills and trying to carry the entire disenfranchised of the third world on her caring sharing shoulders. And much, much too busy to be bothered to sort out one H. the Wake’s problems….

Yes hysterical Shami, director of the human rights (for some) organisation, Liberty has given me the old heave ho. She’s blown me out so to speak. She and her organisation just aren’t interested in the denial of my human rights. My original email asked that compared with the other 3 countries of the union, I as an Englishman am being politically disenfranchised because I don’t have a national parliament acting on my behalf.

I thought my arguments were salient, relevant and worthy of at least a considered response. I even quoted some stuff from their very own web site to illustrate the point:

"As it says on your web site you are concerned about 'Equality' and under that heading, your organisation says that :- 'Liberty believes that all people have the right to be treated equally and fairly'........

Well I'm not. Why? Because I do not have a National Parliament to represent me. Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland do - but England doesn't, and that cannot be right can it?"


I also gave examples of pernicious favouritism to the populations of the other 3 countries – free prescriptions, free student education etc, etc.

I emailed Liberty ages ago – and am still waiting for a reply. A phone call follow up a few days ago was a total waste of time. Apparently they are only going to act on letters via snail mail – as they were completely overwhelmed by the number of emails they were getting. So I told the lady on the other end of the line that there was a lot of human rights wrongery about….

They told me to re-send my email via Postman Pat.

I’ll keep you posted….. Anyone got a stamp?

No comments: