Tuesday, January 02, 2007

One of Tony's babes send me a season's greetings card...

Hope everyone had a good Christmas - I did (apart from drowning in snot, having the odd family row and finding an amazingly cheap source of strong real ales - only to discover the shop was closed for the duration when I went to collect my bumper order on Christmas Eve).......

Just before Christmas, I received a jolly card from my local MP, Ms Rosie 'Doormat' Cooper. The card wished me Seasonal Greetings and a Happy New Year. I was a bit disappointed there was no 'Merry Christmas' message on it - but hey, in these days of political correctness it was possibly wise she didn't include it, fearful of insulting or upsetting other recipients with such 'super-offensive' language. On the inside was another non Christmas message - 'Seasons greetings from your Labour team'. The card was also liberally sprinkled with Labour logos.

I was a bit surprised. With the Labour Party currently in debt to the tune of £23 million, I wonder who exactly has paid for the production and printing of the card. I've asked around and it is clear that this has been sent to every household in the constituency. Who knows, maybe similar cards have been rolled out right across the country?

How do the Labour Party do it? Any other organisation would be declared insolvent, bankrupt, dead in the water - but at Party HQ, it's obviously carrying on spending money they don't have regardless - or is it? I've sent a letter to my representative of freedom demanding an explanation as to exactly how this tacky card has been paid for, bearing in mind the Labour Party are a totally skint organisation.......

No comments: